Eligible riders receive $75 of credit per quarter (three month period) to use for trips on local Paratransit and Marin Access Shuttles and are not required to pay the base fare of $5 per trip for trips on Catch-A-Ride. Eligible riders can opt-in to receive a free pass to use on Marin Transit local bus service.
Use the information below to understand if you may qualify.
To qualify for the MAFA program you must be eligible for Marin Access and either:
- Be enrolled and eligible for Medi-Cal and provide a copy of your Medi-Cal card.
- Demonstrate annual income that is at or below the current Elder Economic Index1 standard as shown below. This standard will be updated to reflect the most current data.
|Owner without Mortgage
|Owner with Mortgage
1 Elder Index. (2022). The Elder Index™ [Public Dataset]. Boston, MA: Gerontology Institute, University of Massachusetts Boston. Retrieved from ElderIndex.org
Income Documents Accepted
For those that are applying based on income, please submit one of the following:
- Most recent three (3) paystubs;
- Most recent three (3) financial assistance documents;
- Most recent tax return; or
- Most recent year end social security statement
Please provide copies of these documents; documents will not be returned. We care about your privacy and recommend that you remove or cross out all instances of your social security number, identification number, and / or account numbers for your bank or financial institution on the documents that you provide.
Applying for MAFA
Use the MAFA Application button on this page to apply. Applications may take up to 21 days for processing.
If you have any questions about the MAFA program, please review our complete policy document (found by clicking the policy documents located in the upper right section of this webpage) or contact the Marin Access Travel Navigators.