Marin Transit is adding and adjusting service this month to ensure riders do not get left behind by pass-up activity due to capacity limitations. These changes are also implemented in light of Golden Gate Transit service reductions on regional and commute routes. Changes are effective Sunday, December 13 and temporary as the District continues to adjust service due to evolving conditions of the pandemic.
- Routes 35 & 36: Minor schedule adjustments due to changing traffic conditions on select weekday trips.
- Route 49: Newly added midday northbound service on weekdays departing the San Rafael Transit Center at 9:45am, 10:45am, 11:45am, and 12:45pm; and weekday southbound service arriving at the San Rafael Transit Center at 10:40am, 11:40am, and 12:40pm. Please also note minor schedule adjustments due to changing traffic conditions on select weekday trips.
- Route 71: New route added with daily service to all stops and bus pads along the Highway 101 corridor between Novato and Marin City.
- Route 71X: Select weekday northbound (7:45am, 3:34pm) and southbound (6:40am, 8:37am, 4:47pm) peak hour trips are cancelled. The route is reduced to 1-hour frequencies with minor schedule adjustments.
- Route 171: Service begins operating on Sundays. In addition, hourly late-night service will be added from 6:00pm through midnight. Minor schedule adjustments will be made on select AM and PM trips.
- Route 219: Select weekday westbound peak hour PM trips will now be re-designated as 219F and timed with ferry service.
Marin Transit remains operating other temporary “Supplemental Routes” to provide more frequent service and mitigate pass-ups. More information on these routes can be found here. The new Winter Rider Guide is available and will be available on buses.