PLEASE NOTE - Adult round-trip fare is now $5 and is collected at the Muir Woods Visitor Center along with your park entrance fee. Your receipt must be shown upon boarding for your return trip as proof of payment.
|Adults (ages 16+)||$5.00|
|Youth (ages 15 & under)||FREE|
Please note our new fare payment process:
- 1. Round trip fares are collected at the Muir Woods Visitor Center along with your entrance fee. You do not need to pay a fare when boarding on your trip TO Muir Woods.
- 2. You will be issued a receipt when you pay your fare. You must retain your receipt and present it to the driver when you board the return trip on the Muir Woods Shuttle.
- 3. One-way fares are not available. Passengers wishing to ride one-way must pay full round-trip fare.
- 4. Fares can be paid with cash or most major credit cards at the Muir Woods Visitor Center.
- 5. Marin Transit Value Cards or Marin Transit Passes are also accepted. Clipper is not accepted.
- 6. If transferring from another Marin Transit, West Marin Stagecoach, or Golden Gate Transit route, purchase a Day Pass from the driver upon boarding. The Day Pass can then be used to pay your round-trip fare for the Muir Woods Shuttle.
Due to safety considerations, standees will not be carried on Route 66.
Arrive at the bus stop early to ensure a seat on the bus.
The last bus is often full. Plan your trip to leave on an earlier bus.
All vehicles can accommodate wheelchairs.
Vehicles are not equipped with bike racks, and bikes are not allowed inside buses or in Muir Woods. Bike parking is available at the Pohono St Park & Ride Lot and near the Sausalito Ferry Terminal.
Smoking, eating and drinking are NOT permitted aboard buses.
California State Law prohibits alcoholic beverages aboard public transit buses.
Refreshments are available at Muir Woods.
Sponsorship of Service
Muir Woods Shuttle is funded by Marin Transit and the National Park Service, and operated under a service
agreement between Marin Transit and MV Transportation, Inc.