transit trip planner
2014-2015 School Year Bus Information
August 15, 2014
August Board Meeting
August 18, 2014
Click here to view and download the upcoming board meeting agenda and full board packet.
Marin Transit Selects New General Manager
May 15, 2014
The Marin Transit Board of Directors will appoint Nancy E. Whelan as Marin Transit’s new General Manager at its regularly scheduled meeting on Monday May 19, 2014. Whelan will assume her new position effective June 16, 2014.
As Marin Transit’s General Manager, Whelan will oversee the provision of local bus and shuttle service within the county, including transportation programs for seniors and the disabled.
Whelan replaces former General Manager David Rzepinski who relocated to Santa Barbara with his wife, Mona Miyasato, who was recently appointed county administrator for Santa Barbara County. Rzepinski served as the District’s General Manager from June 2008 to January 2014.Read more
June Service Changes
eff. June 8, 2014
The service changes proposed at the March 17 Board meeting were approved and will take effect on Sunday, June 8, 2014 (unless otherwise noted).
The changes to Rural Fixed-Route services include:
- Route 61: Extension of route to Ft. Baker during peak season weekends & holidays (Memorial Day to Labor Day). This new service would begin on Saturday, May 24, 2014.
- Route 68: Modified schedule to provide additional service, including short run trips between San Rafael and Forest Knolls/Lagunitas. Trips will be timed to allow better connections at the San Rafael Transit Center, and the schedule will be converted to a traditional weekday/weekend schedule.
- Dillon Beach/Tomales/Petaluma Shuttle: New service would operate three trips to and from Petaluma on Tuesdays and provide connections to other local and regional transit services in Petaluma.
- Route 125: New morning trip between the San Geronimo Valley and Sir Francis Drake HS. This trip will be begin the first day of the 2014-2015 school year.
The changes to Local Fixed-Route and Community Shuttle services include:
- Route 23: Discontinue select evening trips. Instead, the expanded Route 68 will provide evening service between San Rafael and Fairfax/Manor.
- Route 233: Additional earlier weekday southbound trip from Santa Venetia to San Rafael.
- Route 219: Modified route alignment and schedule to provide connections to Marin Airporter services at Seminary Drive.
Subscribe to the Marin Transit email list and receive up-to-the-moment schedule changes, rider alerts and news.