transit trip planner
April Board Meeting
April 21, 2014
Click here to view and download the upcoming board meeting agenda and full board packet.
Muir Woods Shuttle Service Resumes Saturday, March 29th!
eff. March 29, 2014
The Muir Woods Shuttle will resume service for the 2014 season on Saturday, March 29, 2014. Service runs weekends & holidays only until Sunday, October 26. Click here for maps & schedules
June Service Changes
eff. June 8, 2014
The service changes proposed at the March 17 Board meeting were approved and will take effect on Sunday, June 8, 2014 (unless otherwise noted).
The changes to Rural Fixed-Route services include:
- Route 61: Extension of route to Ft. Baker during peak season weekends & holidays (Memorial Day to Labor Day). This new service would begin on Saturday, May 24, 2014.
- Route 68: Modified schedule to provide additional service, including short run trips between San Rafael and Forest Knolls/Lagunitas. Trips will be timed to allow better connections at the San Rafael Transit Center, and the schedule will be converted to a traditional weekday/weekend schedule.
- Dillon Beach/Tomales/Petaluma Shuttle: New service would operate three trips to and from Petaluma on Tuesdays and provide connections to other local and regional transit services in Petaluma.
- Route 125: New morning trip between the San Geronimo Valley and Sir Francis Drake HS. This trip will be begin the first day of the 2014-2015 school year.
The changes to Local Fixed-Route and Community Shuttle services include:
- Route 23: Discontinue select evening trips. Instead, the expanded Route 68 will provide evening service between San Rafael and Fairfax/Manor.
- Route 233: Additional earlier weekday southbound trip from Santa Venetia to San Rafael.
- Route 219: Modified route alignment and schedule to provide connections to Marin Airporter services at Seminary Drive.
Redwood & Grant Transit Improvement Project
January 21, 2014
The Redwood and Grant Transit Improvement Project is underway to redesign and reconstruct the bus stop facility that lies in the median of Redwood Boulevard at Grant Avenue in Novato. The project will address critical shortcomings of the current bus transfer facility as well as provide an opportunity to enhance one of the primary gateways to Downtown Novato.
Please visit the website to learn about the project: www.redwoodandgrant.org
Comment In Person
Attend the upcoming Novato City Council meeting to learn about the project and give us your comments
- Tuesday, Feb 18 at 6:30 – Novato City Hall, 901 Sherman Avenue
Discover Your ADA & Senior Mobility Options
January 6, 2014
Travel Navigators are a one-stop resource for program information and eligibility for all Marin Access programs. Our Navigators can provide you with personalized program recommendations and instantly walk you through the eligibility process for those specific programs.
If you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about their transit options in Marin, please call (415) 454-0902 to speak with a Travel Navigator.
Click here to learn more!
Subscribe to the Marin Transit email list and receive up-to-the-moment schedule changes, rider alerts and news.